Traditionally, this season is a time when many determine their philanthropic contributions for the year or budget for the next. Last October, we introduced the Arkansas Giving Guide in hopes of making those donation decisions a little easier.
In the links below, you will find profiles of 48 nonprofit organizations. Each group shares key information on their organization, explaining who they are and what they need from you to continue their work.
Here's what to look for in the 2017 Arkansas Giving Guide:
- Mission & Our Impact. Review this information so you fully understand the work the nonprofit does and the impact they make on the communities they serve.
- Fundraisers & Events. Mark your calendars and go support the organization at one of their upcoming events. This is a great way to interact with a nonprofit you aren’t familiar with and/or support one you have a relationship with.
- Volunteer Opportunities. We hope that if you have time to give back to your community, you’ll scour this guide to find groups who need people like you.
- Board of Directors. These individuals are giving their time, energy and often financial support to their nonprofits. Recognize a board member? Thank them for the work they do, and ask them for personalized insight on how you can get involved.
- Giving Opportunities. This is the heart of the guide. Every nonprofit has different needs, and we’ve highlighted the current needs of each one. Find an organization you align with, and then choose from their list of giving opportunities to determine how you, your family or your company can help that nonprofit succeed.
Thanks for spending time getting to know these amazing organizations and for finding ways you can support them. Big thanks to our publication sponsors, Mitchell Williams and EGP for their financial support, which allows the nonprofits in the book to purchase profiles at rates more than half of our regular rates.
Happy reading. Happy giving.