Heifer’s mission is to end hunger and poverty while caring for the earth. For more than 70 years, Heifer International has provided livestock and training in sustainable agriculture to improve the lives of those who struggle daily for reliable sources of food and income. Heifer is currently working in nearly 30 countries, including the United States, to help families and communities become more self-reliant.
In Arkansas, Heifer brings farmers together to build rural, farmer-owned cooperatives in communities that need them most. These cooperatives provide shared services such as marketing, packaging, distribution, credit and loan services.
FUNDRAISERS AND EVENTS
Support local farmers in Arkansas at one (or both) of Heifer’s summer events:
- Urban Farm Fest on June 8, features food trucks, local brews and yard games.
- Feast in the Field on June 7, is a sophisticated evening featuring local food and community spirit.
Both events will be held on the award-winning grounds of Heifer’s global headquarters, adjacent to the Clinton Presidential Center. For more details, visit Heifer.org/FeastInTheField.
• Give a life-changing gift to a family in need through the Heifer catalog! Visit Heifer.org/GiftCatalog to learn more.
• While Heifer helps farmers worldwide, you can directly support farmers here in Arkansas through Heifer USA. Visit Heifer.org/USA.
• Inspire your community to end hunger and poverty by fundraising for Heifer. Visit Heifer.org/Fundraise.
• Host your next meeting or event at Heifer Village and Urban Farm (Little Rock) and Heifer Ranch (Perryville) - Heifer.org/Rentals.
Approximately 240 U.S. employees,
650 international employees
Service Area: Africa, Asia, Americas, USA
CEO & PRESIDENT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Dr. Sandra A. Godden
Jay A. Wittmeyer
Dr. Eduardo Stein
Heifer International Foundation Chair
1 World Ave.
Little Rock, AR 72202