The Arkansas Freedom Fund exists to serve and support rehabilitative recreational outdoor activities that benefit our military, veterans, wounded/disabled veterans and their families. Our goals are to provide the tools for our veterans to get stronger, go faster and not be a statistic of loss or failure. If they can dream it, we want to make it happen.
We have designed adaptive events for the veterans to participate and experience all aspects of recovery and reintegration. Program events include cycling, golfing, hunting, fishing, hiking, martial arts, and scuba diving. We empower ALL Arkansas’ Veterans to experience life as they did before their service to our country. ... No veteran is alone! At achieving a physical goal.
MAIN PROGRAM EVENTS
- The Arkansas Challenge Warrior Bicycle Ride, The second Saturday of October every year, at the Clinton Center in Little Rock.
- Northwest Arkansas Bike and Hike in Fayetteville each April.
- West Arkansas Bike Ride in Ft. Smith each September.
Our Buy a Bike program is the best way to help get a veteran a bicycle.
Cycling is an excellent way to combat symptoms of PTSD and helps keep veterans active and productive.
- The Freedom Scramble Golf Tournament each May at Diamante Golf Course in Hot Springs Village is the largest Fundraiser.
- Veteran Golf Clinics and outings throughout Arkansas courses provide the skills and discipline of the game.
We own two adaptive golf carts for veterans use.
- Fishing with Heroes Bass Tournament at Lake Dardanelle each June.
- The John Pickell Memorial Red River Trout Day each June.
Fishing opportunities on Arkansas lakes and rivers are an excellent get away from life struggles.
• Freedom Hunts with groups and clubs throughout Arkansas during respective hunting seasons.
• Pine Bluff Arsenal hunt provides a once in a lifetime hunting experience to deserving veterans. Our tracked hunting chairs help ensure that every veteran can get outdoors and participate.
Service Area: Arkansas
Chairman - Co-founder
Hunt Program Chairman
Hike Program Chairman
Chris A. Diaz
Golf Program Chairman
P.O. Box 697
Bryant, AR 72089