The primary mission of UAMS Foundation is to secure gifts and grants to support the health and well-being of the state, region and nation through education, research and clinical care.
The Foundation raises funds for all units of UAMS, including its colleges and departments. Building strong relationships with grateful patients, friends and alumni of UAMS is key to our success. Our goal is to match donor passions with bold ideas to improve the health of every Arkansan.
Many of our donors are also engaged in giving societies such as Chancellor’s Circle, Dean’s and Directors’ Clubs, Society of the Double Helix and the 1879 Society.
FUNDRAISERS AND EVENTS:
UAMS hosts Gala for Life to benefit the Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute every year. Due to COVID-19 and the cancellation of the 2020 event, Natalie and Winthrop Paul “Win” Rockefeller Jr. will chair the event in September 2021. UAMS also participates in Giving Tuesday (Dec. 1, 2020) and UAMS Day of Giving (April 6, 2021). Donor support on these two annual giving days helps fund programs and initiatives in patient care, education and research.
• COVID-19 research and vaccine testing
• Pioneering research initiatives in the UAMS Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute
• Cutting-edge research on aging, memory loss and heart health
• Diversity, equity and inclusion efforts throughout the health system
• Mental health treatment for children, teens and adults who have experienced trauma
• Two new “MammoVan” units to improve access to vital cancer screening in our state
• Scholarships for deserving students in one of our five colleges or graduate school
4301 W. Markham
Little Rock, AR 72205
Service Area: Arkansas and surrounding region
VICE CHANCELLOR FOR INSTITUTIONAL ADVANCEMENT: Angela Wimmer, M.Ed.
Corporations, Foundations, Organizations: 36%
- CLINICAL CARE: UAMS exists to help patients live extraordinary lives. With clinics covering nearly every medical specialty, we deliver world-class treatment in a comforting, patient- and family-centered environment.
- EDUCATION: UAMS graduates nearly 1,000 doctors, nurses, pharmacists and other health professionals each year, the majority of whom stay in Arkansas to practice.
- RESEARCH: UAMS scientists translate cutting-edge research into new identification, treatment and prevention of cancer, infectious disease, substance abuse and behavioral problems.
- 1 million
Patients each year seen by UAMS faculty
Family medicine physicians trained at eight regional campuses
Of Arkansas counties have UAMS-trained physicians
Of all practicing pharmacists in Arkansas graduated from UAMS
Of all practicing physicians in Arkansas graduated from UAMS
BOARD OF ADVISORS:
Beau Blair, Chair
Cindy Pugh, Executive Vice Chair
M. Joycelyn Elders
Jo Ellen Ford
James Kelley III
Walter Nunnelly II
Charles Scharlau III
Dewitt Smith III
Joe Clay Young IV