The mission of UA Little Rock Public Radio – KUAR 89.1 and KLRE Classical 90.5 – is to deepen insight into the human experience, empower decision-making and enrich the lives of those we serve through quality news and cultural programs.
KUAR 89.1 is central Arkansas’ NPR member station, providing local news coverage, as well as popular national and local programs such as “Morning Edition,” “All Things Considered,” “1A,” “Arts & Letters” and “Not Necessarily Nashville.”
KLRE Classical 90.5 offers 24/7 classical music programming with virtuoso performances, seldom-heard recordings and favorites. Both stations are indispensable parts of central Arkansas’ cultural landscape.
FUNDRAISERS AND EVENTS:
UA Little Rock Public Radio is a listener-supported radio station, which relies on financial support from listeners, local businesses and organizations. UA Little Rock Public Radio hosts on-air fund drives and special events. The Fall Fund Drive, Oct. 5-9, includes community and staff voices and is all about public radio and its listeners.
• Become a contributing listener to ensure continued public radio service for central Arkansas.
• Establish a Sustaining Membership through automatic monthly payments by bank draft or credit card.
• Support through corporate sponsorship of on-air programming.
• Create a legacy through a planned gift to UA Little Rock Public Radio.
• Donate appreciated securities or IRA rollover gifts.
• Donate a vehicle – running or not – through the Vehicle Donation Program.
5820 Asher Ave., Ste. 400
Little Rock, AR 72204
Employees: 13 (full- and part-time)
Service Area: Central Arkansas and Monticello
GENERAL MANAGER: Nathan Vandiver
Listeners per week
Distinctive news, information, music and cultural programs per week
Listener Support: 45%
UA Little Rock: 14%
Corporation for Public Broadcasting: 9%
FRIENDS OF KLRE/KUAR BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
Ann Owen, President
Lori Burrows, Vice President
Cory Biggs, Secretary