2020 was a huge reminder of just how healing the great outdoors can be, both physically and mentally. If you have plans to take advantage of it in 2021, pull out your calendar.
The National Park Service announced the dates on which all park entry fees will be waived, making the new year the perfect opportunity to explore The Natural State and other nearby parks.
Here are the dates you'll want to save:
- Jan. 18 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- April 17 - First day of National Park Week
- Aug. 4 - One-year anniversary of the Great American Outdoors Act
- Aug. 25 - National Park Service Birthday
- Sept. 25 - National Public Lands Day
- Nov. 11 - Veterans Day
Arkansas contains seven national parks, memorials and sites, including one in our own backyard at Little Rock Central High School.
Learn more about National Park Service sites in our state at the Arkansas Deptartment of Parks and Tourism website. For more local adventures year round, follow along on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
View this post on Instagram