The 20th annual Six Bridges Book Festival makes its milestone return this fall with more than 50 speakers lined up for Sept. 25 - Oct. 1.
Formerly the Arkansas Literary Festival, Six Bridges is hosted by the Central Arkansas Library System and is the state's premier gathering of readers and writers from across genres and around the world. This year's fest will be a mix of virtual and in-person events held at various CALS branches, venues and businesses around town.
As one of its missions to invest in the community, the festival's Writers in the Schools program will return this year where featured authors visit classrooms and provide a set of books. CALS is also partnering with local businesses to offer "Bookworm Bargains" for Library Card Sign-up Month this September. More on that here.
The 2023 Six Bridges agenda features New York Times bestsellers, cooking workshops, a family-friendly fair and everything in between. Here are a few of the highlights:
- David Grann, author of "Killers of the Flower Moon" and "The Wager: A Tale of Shipwreck, Mutiny and Murder"
- Monica Potts, author of "The Forgotten Girls"
- Jermaine Fowler, author of "The Humanity Archive: Recovering the Soul of Black History from a Whitewashed American Myth"
- Little Readers Rock Day at Hillary Rodham Clinton Children’s Library and Learning Center
- Harrison Scott Key, author of "How To Stay Married"
- Kevin Brockmeier, author of "The Ghost Variations"
- Pub or Perish party at Agasi 7: Rooftop Bar & Kitchen
- Rebecca Makkai, author of "I Have Some Questions for You"
- Maureen Corrigan speaking on "Banned Books; Burned Books: Forbidden Literary Works"
- Cooking workshop with Susan Gravely, author of "Italy on a Plate"
- Chris Cillizza, author of "Power Players: Sports, Politics, and the American Presidency"
- Pie bake-off and recipe swap with The Root Café
There's much more in store from authors, performers and local businesses this fall. If you want to get a head start, WordsWorth Books and Pyramid Art, Books & Custom Framing are the official booksellers for the 2023 fest.
View this post on Instagram