Marking its 40th anniversary, the Wolfe Street Foundation, central Arkansas’ leading recovery community organization, is once again hosting its annual Red Carpet Recovery Gala in person on April 21. And while guests will enjoy the typical festivities — a keynote address by Captain Lee of Bravo TV’s "Below Deck," special entertainment and fabulous live and silent auction items — they’ll also notice a shift from previous years. This year’s event will be presented as Little Rock’s first and only sober gala to create a supportive environment for those in recovery from drug and alcohol addiction.
"We feel this is the ideal time to make a pivotal shift in our annual gala by celebrating without the influence of alcohol," says Justin Buck, Wolfe Street executive director. "Every day our program participants live in a world that does not cater to their alcohol- or drug-free life. So for one night, we ask our supporters to join us in not only raising funds to support those in recovery, but committing to enjoying the evening without alcohol. They might even discover a new favorite beverage!"
Mocktail Mo, the alcohol-free lifestyle ambassador, curated the Red Carpet Gala’s mocktail menu, and we were able to snag a sneak peek. Here's how you can make three of Mo’s favorites from the lineup.
- 4 oz. Indian tonic water
- 1.5 oz. passion fruit juice
- dash of salt
- In a shaker of ice, combine tonic water and passion fruit juice.
- Stir to chill, then pour into a coupe glass.
- Sprinkle in a few grains of salt and garnish with a floating lemon wheel.
- San Pellegrino Limonata
- Heineken Zero
- Combine equal parts non-alcoholic beer and Limonata.
Red Carpet Mule
- 4 oz. ginger beer
- 1 oz. POM pomegranate juice
- lime juice
- splash of club soda
- Build the drink in a rocks glass over ice.
- Start by pouring in the ginger beer.
- Add the pomegranate juice and a squeeze of lime.
- Add a splash of club soda and gently stir.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
Whether you choose to live alcohol-free or you’re simply taking a break from your favorite adult beverage, pour yourself one of these beautiful mocktails and feel red carpet ready.
Gala tickets and tables sold out fast, but you can still enjoy the evening by bidding in the online silent auction here. For more information on the Wolfe Street Foundation, visit the nonprofit's website and follow along on Facebook.