Sheep Dog Impact Assistance (SDIA) is a national nonprofit founded and headquartered in Rogers, Arkansas. SDIA exists to engage, assist and empower our nation’s veterans and first responders to Get Off The Couch™ and re-engage in living active, meaningful and productive lives.
These heroes have an innate desire to serve, and their service gives purpose to their lives; however, after an injury or their service ends, that sense of purpose is often lost, which can lead to depression, addiction, isolation and sometimes suicide.
SDIA helps reduce suicide rates and reignites a sense of purpose through the three programs in our Cycle of Wellness:
1.) Outdoor Adventures which ENGAGE our nation’s heroes in physical activities to foster camaraderie and healing.
2.) Warrior PATHH training that ASSISTS them in learning to transform their struggles into strength.
3.) Continued Service opportunities (like disaster response missions and community projects) to EMPOWER Sheep Dogs to continue serving and giving back.
SDIA purchased 50 acres of property — called Heroes Ranch at Rush Springs — to facilitate its Outdoor Adventures and Warrior PATHH training programs. Remodeling existing structures and building the Warrior PATHH Training Facility with a classroom, kitchen, dorms, archery range, labyrinth, Heroes Garden and hiking/walking trails will ensure SDIA’s programs run for years to come and continue to inspire positive change in the lives of thousands more Sheep Dogs.
Warrior PATHH was created by Boulder Crest Institute and is part of the Gary Sinise Foundation Avalon Network.
FUNDRAISERS AND EVENTS:
• SDIA Outdoor Celebration: 10th anniversary celebration on Oct. 9 at Village on the Creeks to honor 2019 & 2020 Sheep Dogs of the Year. Family fun, music, silent auction, dinner, fireworks, guest speaker Sergio Trejo, guest of honor Noah Galloway and honorary chair Tracy DuFault. Presented by Comstar Enterprises and Sam’s Furniture. Tickets available at sdia.givesmart.com.
• Turkey Trot for Heroes 5K: Nov. 25
• Heroes Gala: April 30
• Online Donations: Every dollar provides supplies, equipment and all necessities to run our three programs. Give at sheepdogia.org/support.
• Sponsorship: Materials for the building & development of Heroes Ranch at Rush Springs, an estimated $2,000,000 cost.
• Heroes Shield Endowment Campaign: $5,000,000 to secure financial stability and provide a scholarship fund for Sheep Dog families.
Volunteers are needed for administrative/office projects and events, as well as assistance with Heroes Ranch at Rush Springs (cleaning, general building maintenance, land maintenance, animal care, cooking and project work).
Teams & Chapters in 19 states in the U.S.
Over 2,100 Sheep Dogs (Veterans, First Responders) sponsored on 170 Outdoor Adventures
Warrior PATHH trainings held monthly in NWA beginning March 2021
Deployed 5,000 SDIA Members & Volunteers on Disaster Response Missions (DRMs)
Deployed on 323 DRMs
Served more than 60,000 people through DRMs
7,200 Sheep Dogs and their families received holiday meals/gifts and assistance.
Individual/Corporate Giving: 27%
Board of Directors Contributions: 15%
Heroes Shield Endowment Campaign (newly formed): 5%
1200 W. Walnut St.
Rogers, AR 72756
417.812.6035 | sheepdogia.org
Employees: 10 in Rogers, 100 volunteer leaders across U.S.
Service Area: National
FOUNDER AND CEO: Sgt. Maj. Lance Nutt, USMC (Ret.)
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Lance Nutt, Founder/President/CEO
Andy Bossler, Acting Vice President/Treasurer
Jayme Lingo, Secretary
Dr. Richard Becker