The mission of Methodist Village Senior Living (MVSL) is to provide wonderful life experiences that enable residents and their families to lead full and enriching lives.
The vision of MVSL is to exceed the expectations of residents and families while inspiring hearts and minds.
This year MVSL is celebrating its 60th Anniversary! Since 1961 MVSL has been dedicated to enhancing quality of life for its active adult and elder population. MVSL encourages the independence of its residents through comprehensive care focusing on the physical, intellectual, social and spiritual needs of residents. Services include independent living, assisted living, Alzheimer’s special care, long-term care, inpatient/outpatient rehabilitation, and respite care.
MVSL’s on-site multi-treatment center provides residents and staff with access to a general practitioner, dentist, optometrist, podiatrist and audiologist without leaving campus. MVSL wants to continue to provide a place where seniors are proud to live and proud to have family and friends visit. Its Life Plan Community is growing and expanding to continue to raise the bar when it comes to caring for seniors.
FUNDRAISERS AND EVENTS
• Bubbles & Bow Ties: MVSL’s Inaugural New Year’s Eve gala, is scheduled for Dec. 31, 2022 at The Bakery District in Fort Smith. The evening will include a four-course dinner, entertainment, live and silent auctions, countdown/balloon drop at midnight and a breakfast buffet. Sponsorships are available. *This event had been scheduled for 2020 and 2021 and is again being postponed.
• MVSL Flower Shop: Open for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day and other holidays and special occasions for individuals to purchase flowers for their loved ones.
• Capital Campaign: MVSL’s “Legacy of Faith – Vision for the Future” campaign is in Phase III. This phase includes renovations to the exterior of the Care Center and the addition of a larger training center to accommodate its 200+ employees. Naming opportunities are available for contributions $5,000 and above. Gifts may be given as one-time gifts or over a four-year period.
• Annual Giving: Annual gifts or recurring monthly gifts can be donated and may be designated to the area of your choosing.
• Online Giving: Contributions enable MVSL to broaden its range of amenities, care and health/ wellness needs of seniors. Give now at methodistvillage.com.
• Employee Education Fund: MVSL not only encourages its employees to continue their education but it will also provide financial support for qualified individuals.
• Endowment Fund: The MVSL Endowment was established in August 2020 to support the care of retired ministers and their spouses, along with other great causes to help fulfill MVSL’s mission. The fund was inspired by the previous board president and board member of 16 years Dr. Taylor Prewitt and his wife, Mary.
The Candy Striper Program is for ages 14-plus and is designed to give those interested in health care or other real-world experience an environment and opportunity to learn, help others, build friendships and give back. The program, which began in November 2018, has had over 50 Candy Stripers volunteer their time to serve our seniors. Call 479.755.6304 to volunteer.
Celebrating 60 years of caring for elders in the community. MVSL has served over 6,750 families since opening in 1961.
MVSL’s Care Center continues to be recognized for excellent care and has been awarded locally The Best of the Best in the Nursing Home category for five years in a row.
MVSL provides education programs in its on-site training center. Orientation for nurses includes 24 hours of classroom-based training, along with 40 hours of hands-on training with a staff nurse. Orientation for CNAs includes 16 hours of classroom-based training and 24 hours of hands-on training with a staff CNA. All staff receive a minimum of 12 hours of in-service training on various topics pertaining to quality care. In addition, 100% of employees are provided 30 hours of dementia training, taught by a NCADCP certified trainer. CPR certification and renewal classes are also available.
We offer respite care (short-term, overnight stays for individuals needing care arrangements) for up to 13 days. A respite stay is a great option should your loved one need a temporary place to live while a caregiver enjoys a well-deserved break.
MVSL and its team members demonstrate commitment to improving the health care and well-being of the communities it serves every day, through its actions both on and off the job. Not only does MVSL donate generously to nonprofit organizations, it also gives generously of its time. At all levels of the organization, MVSL encourages employees to volunteer their time and expertise to support the community and lend a helping hand. This is done by organizing volunteer events and opportunities, recognizing employees for exceptional commitment and service and communicating the importance of community service and involvement through MVSL’s values. In 2020 MVSL supported over 25 worthy organizations.
Local Community Support: 30%
Board of Directors, Contributions: 13%
Individual Contributions: 10%
Employee Contributions/Fundraisers: 3%
Endowment (newly formed): 1%
7811 Euper Lane
Fort Smith, AR 72903
479.452.1611 | methodistvillage.com
Young Professionals Group: MVSL Candy Striper Program
Service Area: Arkansas and surrounding states
CEO: Melissa Curry
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Ben Shipley, President
Scott Price, Vice President
Susan Devero, Secretary
Bryant Dooly Jr.
Dr. Timothy Waack