Time to inject some local art into your world.
The North Little Rock Convention & Visitors Bureau recently put together a scavenger hunt of all the public art projects on display around the city. Sculptures, murals and installations fill the list, which currently boasts 30 works and counting.
From the new cyclist mural in Argenta to our old friend "Balstovitch" on Pike Avenue, locals are encouraged to scope out all the art sites on the north side of the river. It's the perfect way to get out of the house, get some vitamin D and keep a safe distance while you're at it.
Here are just a few of the sites on the list:
- "Mother Earth" on 5th St. by Kevin Kresse
- "The Gathering" at The House of Art by Angela Johnson (pictured above)
- Lady of Fatima grotto at St. Joseph Center of Arkansas
- "Hot and Cool Jazz" at Maple and 4th St. by Perrion Y. Hurd
- Laman Plaza Veterans Memorial at William F. Laman Library
- Bear mural at Diamond Bear Brewing Co. by Nancy Griffey Jordan
To make your mission easier, NLRCVB created a downloadable map with every location easily marked. Click here to learn more and download the map.
Happy art hunting!