If you're looking for holiday fun, there's plenty to be had on the north side of the Arkansas River. Here are just a few events to put on your calendar this season.
1. The Piccolo Zoppé Winter Circus will perform under a big top in the parking lot at Bishop Lindsey Avenue and Magnolia Street Nov. 9-19. Since 1842, the Zoppé family — originally from Italy and now stationed in Arkansas — has been entertaining families around the world. Sponsored by North Little Rock Tourism, this will be the circus’s debut in central Arkansas. Ticket prices range from $15 to $100 and are available online here.
2. North Little Rock Tourism in partnership with the City of North Little Rock and Argenta Downtown Council will host the sixth annual Northern Lights Holiday Festival on Saturday, Nov. 18, from 3-7 p.m. at Argenta Plaza. A free holiday event for all ages, Northern Lights will have a holiday market, “Santa’s Workshop” with kids’ holiday activities, photos with Santa (Black Santa ARK LLC), live music by The Big Dam Horns and North Little Rock’s 38-foot Christmas tree. Food trucks as well as North Little Rock’s two breweries, Flyway Brewing and Diamond Bear Brewing Company, will have food and drinks available for purchase. For mixed drinks or more food options, restaurants and bars within the Argenta Outdoor Dining District allow patrons to order to-go beverages to consume within dining district boundaries, which include Argenta Plaza.
3. Hosted by the City of North Little Rock, the North Little Rock Sertoma Club and North Little Rock Tourism, the annual North Little Rock Sertoma Christmas Parade will be held Sunday, Dec. 3, at 2 p.m. on Main Street from Pershing Boulevard to Broadway. The parade highlights the local community and encourages all to get in the holiday spirit.
4. North Little Rock’s 38-foot Christmas tree will be the perfect backdrop for family holiday photos starting in early November. The tree, as mentioned above, will be located at Argenta Plaza at 510 Main St. along with more festive decor for everyone to enjoy through the holiday season.
5. Beyond North Little Rock’s signature holiday events, North Little Rock Tourism’s event calendar is full of holiday entertainment such as "Miracle on 34th Street" at Argenta Community Theater, photos with Santa at McCain Mall, "A Fertle Holiday" at The Joint Comedy Theater and a Merry Market at St. Joseph Center of Arkansas. For more information, click here.