No matter the circumstances, the goal is the same: to provide a comfortable, considerate environment for aging loved ones. But according to the AARP, four out of 10 family caregivers are not prepared to take on the role when the time comes.
The AARP also reports that, for caregivers in the U.S. in 2020:
- 19% were providing unpaid care to an adult with health or functional needs
- 23% said caregiving had made their own health worse (up from 17% in 2015)
- 24% were caring for more than one person (up from 18% in 2015)
- 26% were caring for someone with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia (up from 22% in 2015)
- 61% of family caregivers also had jobs
Caregiving can be complicated. It promises uncomfortable conversations and sometimes difficult decisions, whether mapping out your own next steps in life or those of another. In the links below, you'll find local resources to help you navigate the waters of providing for your loved ones at any stage.
The Blake at Chenal Valley
2101 Rahling Road, Little Rock
501.382.8341 • blakeatchenalvalley.com
700 W. Riverfront Drive, North Little Rock
501.372.5300 • carelink.org