Special Olympics Arkansas (SOAR) has been transforming lives through sport and health for over 50 years. Today SOAR serves 19,500 athletes ages 8 and up and 25,000 young athletes ages 2-7. Year-round SOAR provides more than 200 competitions in 15 different sports and unified sports. SOAR has grown to include opportunities in health, leadership, Unified Champion Schools and Young Athletes. This momentum has created a great need to expand the home office.
It is essential that SOAR ensures another 50 years of inclusion and opportunities for people with intellectual disabilities in Arkansas. The organization offers donors the option to launch a Legacy of Inclusion. Gifts of $1,000 and beyond will include the donor’s name on the Special Olympics Arkansas Legacy Wall, which will be prominently placed in the building’s entry way.
• $10,000 gifts include the donor’s name on a Gold Medal recognition plate
• $5,000 gifts include the donor’s name on a Silver Medal recognition plate
• $2,500 gifts include the donor’s name on a Bronze Medal recognition plate
• $1,000 gifts include the donor’s name on a Special Olympics Ball recognition plate
• All major gifts over $25,000 receive naming rights or showcased recognition throughout the building
• Sports Training: Work directly with athletes to improve their skills
• Fundraising: Help plan or implement activities to raise funds and in-kind support
• Sporting Competition and Events: Help with short-term tasks associated with major events involving a variety of activities like booths and registration tables
Individual/Corporate Support: 40%
Law Enforcement Torch Run Fundraisers: 30%
2115 Main St.
North Little Rock, AR 72114
501.771.0222 | specialolympicsarkansas.org
Service Area: Arkansas
CEO: Terri Weir