The UCA Foundation Inc., a private corporation nonprofit, exists to support the University of Central Arkansas and its mission. In partnership with UCA Advancement, UCA’s fundraising arm, the foundation provides a lifetime of impact for students through private scholarships, program
and faculty support and unique learning opportunities.
Through UCA Now: Impact Arkansas and Beyond, the foundation’s $100 million comprehensive fundraising campaign, the organization is making great strides for its students, the communities, our state and beyond.
This campaign embraces the urgency of now and calls the foundation forward to:
• Remove financial barriers to student success through private scholarships
• Raise the bar for arts and culture, while growing the creative economy
• Educate more nurses in the face of a national nursing shortage
• Embrace unique disciplines, technologies and innovations for the new economy
These goals and so many more will be accomplished with community support. There are so many ways generosity can impact others. Every gift – large, small, individual and corporate – adds up to a big impact.
Go to uca.edu/now to learn more about how to help shape the future for good and change countless students’ lives forever.
• Establish a scholarship endowment with a gift of $25,000 and impact current and future students for generations.
• Plan now and impact forever. Designate a legacy gift through the UCA Foundation as part of the estate planning process.
• Name a seat in the new Windgate Center Concert Hall or the James M. Bridges Black Box Theatre at uca.edu/windgate.
• Make a gift directly from an IRA – free of federal income tax for those 70 ½ and older.
FUNDRAISERS AND EVENTS
• Ninth Annual Day of Giving, Thursday, March 9, 2023: A spirited 24-hour fundraising event connecting donors with the giving opportunities they are most passionate about
• Laurels & Stripes Gala, Saturday, April 15, 2023, at the UCA HPER Center. Don’t miss this energy packed evening of fine dining, dancing, and celebrating distinguished alumni, all while raising awareness of the need for student scholarships.
• Coming spring of 2023: A series of events celebrating the new Windgate Center for Fine and Performing Arts. Stay tuned in January 2023 for the Windgate Opening Night performance announcement and reserve April 1, 2023 for this once-in-a-lifetime experience.
The new Integrated Health Sciences Building includes an interprofessional teaching center – the first of its kind in the region.
The Foundation’s eighth Day of Giving raised $758,130.49 – the second largest Day of Giving in its history.
The 450-seat concert hall, located in the Windgate Center for Fine and Performing Arts, will be the only one-room, open-concept venue in the central Arkansas area.
UCA was the first Community Development Institute site in the country.
104,000 square feet
The new 104,000- square-foot Windgate Center for Fine and Performing Arts will usher in new social, cultural and economic opportunities for Arkansans.
Corporations, Foundations, Organizations: 59%
Center for Alumni Engagement and Philanthropy
Buffalo Alumni Hall
2490 Bruce St.
Conway, AR 72035
501.450.3127 | uca.edu/now
Service Area: Arkansas and surrounding area
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Mr. Brad Hegeman, Chair
Mr. Bret Carroll, Vice Chair
Mr. Luke Pruett, Secretary
Mr. Garland Dunn, Treasurer
Dr. Houston Davis, UCA President
Sara Hendricks Batcheller
Elizabeth “Liz” Blankenship
Dr. Renee’ Crater, DPT
Bradley Mullins, Esq.
Dr. Jeff Standridge
2022 UCA Now Campaign Co-Chairs – Lavon Morton and Dr. Brenda Yelvington