The UAMS Foundation’s primary mission is to secure gifts and grants to support the work of UAMS — the state’s only academic health system — and advance its mission to improve the health, health care and well-being of Arkansans through clinical excellence, groundbreaking research and innovative education for the next generation of health professionals.
The Foundation raises funds for all units of UAMS, including its colleges, institutes and departments. And because state funding makes up only a small percentage of UAMS’ annual budget, building strong relationships with grateful patients, our alumni, invested corporations, foundations and community partners is key to our success. Our goal is to match donor passions with bold ideas to improve the health of every Arkansan.
Every gift — no matter the size — is important! With philanthropic support, we are building a future for healthy communities in all corners of the state, developing dramatic and lasting health and health care improvements in Arkansas. There are numerous opportunities to invest in the work of UAMS, including:
• Cutting-edge research on cancer, aging, memory loss, maternal and infant mortality, diabetes, stroke and heart health
• Support of UAMS’ eight regional campuses across Arkansas
• Mental health treatment for children and adults who have experienced trauma
• Scholarships for students in the five colleges and graduate school
• Diversity, equity and inclusion efforts throughout the health system
FUNDRAISERS AND EVENTS
Donor support for the following events helps fund critical programs and initiatives that support patient care, education and research.
• The annual Gala for Life, Oct. 7, 2022, benefitting the UAMS Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute
• UAMS Day of Giving, Oct. 12, 2022, benefitting all areas of UAMS
• Be a Part of the Cure Walk, May 6, 2023, supports research at the Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute
At UAMS, faculty physicians oversaw:
21,336 inpatient stays
579,693 outpatient visits
55,025 UAMS Emergency Department cases
151,049 patients at UAMS Regional Campuses
60% of all practicing physicians and 72% of all practicing pharmacists in Arkansas are UAMS graduates
500 - The Institute of Digital Health & Innovation connects more than 500 Arkansas hospitals and clinics with virtual health, education and research
Corporations, Foundations, Organizations: 36%
4301 W. Markham St. #716
Little Rock, AR 72205
501.686.8200 | giving.uams.edu
Service Area: Arkansas and surrounding region
UAMS BOARD OF ADVISORS
Cindy Pugh, Chair
M. Joycelyn Elders
Jo Ellen Ford
Annabelle Imber Tuck
The 2022/2023 Arkansas Giving Guide is presented by Wright Lindsey Jennings. Click here to read a letter from our sponsors.