If you’re looking to add some Eastern flair to your weekly meal plan, our friends at the Arkansas Heart Hospital have you covered. Their team at the Bariatric and Metabolic Institute developed a delicious Asian salmon with zoodles recipe that’s equal parts delicious and beautiful. And with zucchini serving as a low-carb pasta alternative, this delectable dish ups your daily veggie intake making it heart-healthy, too. That’s a win-win, if you ask us.
Asian Salmon With Zoodles
Recipe by Courtney Sutterfield, RD, RDN, at the Bariatric and Metabolic Institute at Arkansas Heart Hospital.
- 1 pound salmon filet
- 2 zucchinis, spiraled
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bag of shredded carrots
- canola oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp. Rice Bran oil (can substitute canola oil, if needed)
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. ginger paste
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. Splenda
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- Whisk together all ingredients for the Asian dipping sauce in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Season salmon with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Place salmon on a foil-lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- Heat one tablespoon of canola oil in a large sauté pan.
- Add onion and carrots, season with salt and pepper and sauté until tender, about eight minutes.
- Add spiralized zucchini noodles and toss to heat through, about two minutes.
- Place zoodle mixture on a plate and top with 2-3 ounces of salmon.
- Drizzle with two tablespoons of the Asian dipping sauce.