The mission of UA Little Rock Public Radio – KUAR 89.1 and KLRE Classical 90.5 – is to deepen insight into the human experience, empower decision-making and enrich the lives of those we serve through quality news and cultural programs.
- KUAR 89.1 is central Arkansas’ NPR member station, providing local news coverage as well as popular national and local programming such as “Morning Edition,” “All Things Considered,” “1A,” “Arts & Letters” and “Not Necessarily Nashville.”
- KLRE Classical 90.5 offers 24/7 classical music programming including “Performance Today,” “Exploring Music,” and the “Metropolitan Opera.” Both stations are indispensable parts of central Arkansas’ cultural landscape.
FUNDRAISERS AND EVENTS
UA Little Rock Public Radio is a listener-supported radio station, which relies on financial support from listeners, local businesses and organizations. The stations host on-air fund drives, an annual meeting and look forward to again hosting seasonal in-person gatherings and events when it is safe to do so. The Fall Fund Drive, Oct. 4-8, includes community and staff voices and is all about public radio and its listeners.
• Become a contributing member with a monthly or annual gift and ensure continued public radio service for central Arkansas.
• Underwrite programming with on-air sponsorship messaging from local businesses and organizations and reach 82,000 engaged listeners each week.
• Donate a vehicle – running or not – through the Vehicle Donation Program.
• Create a legacy through a planned gift to UA Little Rock Public Radio.
• Donate appreciated securities or IRA rollover gifts.
Listeners per week
Distinctive news, information, music and cultural programs per week
Listener Support: 45%
UA Little Rock: 18%
Corporation for Public Broadcasting: 9%
5820 Asher Ave., Ste. 400
Little Rock, AR 72204
501.916.6400 | ualrpublicradio.org
Employees: 12 (full- and part-time)
Service Area: Central Arkansas and Monticello
GENERAL MANAGER: Nathan Vandiver
FRIENDS OF KLRE/KUAR FUNDRAISING BOARD
Lori L. Burrows, President
Stephanie Jackson, Vice President
Cory Biggs, Secretary
LaTonya Austin Honorable