Currently there are 349 children and teens in foster care waiting to be adopted in Arkansas. Project Zero’s goal is for there to be ZERO!
PZ partners with the Arkansas Division of Children and Family Services (DCFS) to meet that goal by raising awareness about the need for adoptive families, by building hope in waiting kids and by helping connect them with the right forever family.
An anonymous source once said, “There are no unwanted children, just unfound families.” Project Zero agrees and is passionate about finding them!
FUNDRAISERS AND EVENTS
• Nov. 4: Aiming for Zero is PZ’s annual celebration of National Adoption Month, but this year the organization is also celebrating its 10th year of advocating for adoption and connecting over 1,000 children with their forever families! Sponsorships are available for the outdoor, garden and gun themed auction dinner party with dinner provided by Cypress Social.
• Nov. 5: Sporting Clays Tournament at Blue Rock Sportsmans Club plus lunch.
• Sponsor short films that feature waiting kids to give them a voice — these are powerful in connecting forever families.
• Donations to help make Christmas special for every waiting child by providing funds to purchase items on their wish lists.
• More “open” adoptive families — specifically African Americans and families open to teenagers and siblings.
• We believe in the incredible power of a single “yes”! Each yes to adoption changes the trajectory of a life.
Private Donations: 100%
P.O. Box 25436
Little Rock, AR 72221
501.519.6692 | theprojectzero.org
Service Areas: Statewide
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR AND CO-FOUNDER: Christie Erwin
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Melissa Stone, President
Shannon Newton, Treasurer