The University of Central Arkansas is known for providing truly exceptional educational experiences for its students, for being innovative and for being a force for good across the state and region. Established in 1981, the UCA Foundation, Inc. is a private corporation nonprofit whose mission is to provide financial support that builds on this proud tradition. Fundraising efforts focus on purposeful engagement with donors to provide privately funded scholarships, experiential learning opportunities and program and faculty support.
A gift to the UCA Foundation supports its comprehensive capital campaign, UCA Now: Impact Arkansas & Beyond, and will transform the university and communities for generations to come – one student at a time. The UCA Now campaign is the largest in the university’s history with a goal of raising $100 million for students, faculty and program support. Go to uca.edu/now to learn more.
FUNDRAISERS AND EVENTS
• UCA’s eighth annual Day of Giving, March 10, 2022, is the university’s spirited 24-hour fundraising event to rally the university community and connect donors with programs and giving opportunities they are most passionate about. Day of Giving supports student scholarships, state-of-the-art equipment, student and faculty research and experiential learning opportunities.
• UCA’s Laurels & Stripes Gala puts the fun in fundraising as alumni and friends gather for an unforgettable evening of honoring outstanding alumni, music, dancing and fundraising in support of privately-funded scholarships. Laurels & Stripes 2022 will be Saturday, April 9, at the UCA HPER Center.
• Success: Create an endowment that generates real, lasting impact for student scholarships, faculty enhancements, research funds and experiential learning.
• Culture: Usher in social, cultural and economic opportunities through support of the Windgate Center for Fine and Performing Arts.
• Wellness: Support health care education and wellness in Arkansas through your support of the new Integrated Health Sciences Building.
• Excellence: Fund student and community success by supporting exceptional programs like the educational cyber range, Honors College, and student-athletics.
The UCA Foundation awarded 887 private scholarships in 2020-21, an 8.7% increase from the previous year.
More than $16.1 million in private scholarships have been awarded since the foundation’s inception.
Since its beginning in 2015, UCA’s combined annual Day of Giving efforts have raised more than $3.1 million in impact for students and programs, establishing the university as a leader in the state for Day of Giving efforts.
The new 80,000-square-foot Integrated Health Sciences Building includes an interprofessional teaching center – the first of its kind in our region.
More than 90% of our health care graduates stay in Arkansas to work after graduation.
The 450-seat Concert Hall, located in the Windgate Center for Fine and Performing Arts, will be the only one-room, open-concept venue in the central Arkansas area.
The College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics is home to the only enterprise-class cyber range in Arkansas.
Corporations, Foundations, Organizations: 31%
Center for Alumni Engagement and Philanthropy
2490 Bruce St.
Conway, AR 72035
501.450.5288 | uca.edu/now
Service Area: Arkansas and surrounding region
VICE PRESIDENT FOR UNIVERSITY ADVANCEMENT, PRESIDENT OF UCA FOUNDATION:
Dr. Mary Bane Lackie
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Dr. Jeff Standridge, Chair
Brad Hegeman, Vice Chair
Luke Pruett, Secretary
Garland Dunn, Treasurer
Dr. Houston Davis, UCA President
Elizabeth “Liz” Blankenship
Dr. Renee’ Crater, DPT
Dr. Spencer P. Gordy, DDS
Sara Hendricks Batcheller
Bradley Mullins, Esq.
Rush and Linda Harding, 2021 UCA Now Campaign Co-Chairs