The UAMS Foundation’s primary mission is to secure gifts and grants to support the health and well-being of the state, region and nation through education, research and clinical care. The Foundation raises funds for all units of UAMS, including its colleges, institutes and departments. Building strong relationships with grateful patients, friends and alumni of UAMS is key to our success. Our goal is to match donor passions with bold ideas to improve the health of every Arkansan. Many of our donors are also engaged in giving societies such as Chancellor’s Circle, Deans and Directors’ Clubs, Society of the Double Helix and the 1879 Society.
FUNDRAISERS AND EVENTS
• UAMS hosts the annual Gala for Life to benefit the Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute. While the 2020 and 2021 events were cancelled due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Rachel Harding and Annemarie Dillard Jazic will co-chair the event in September 2022.
• UAMS also participates in Giving Tuesday (Nov. 30, 2021) and UAMS Day of Giving (October 2022). Donor support on these two annual giving days helps fund critical programs and initiatives that support patient care, education and research.
• Ongoing COVID-19 research, testing, outreach and vaccination efforts
• Support of frontline health care workers
• Cutting-edge research on cancer, aging, memory loss, maternal/infant mortality, diabetes, stroke and heart health
• Diversity, equity and inclusion efforts throughout the health system
• Mental health treatment for children and adults who have experienced trauma
• Scholarships for students in one of our five colleges or graduate school
• Support of our eight regional campuses around Arkansas
Patients treated by UAMS providers every year
Family medicine physicians trained at eight regional campuses
of UAMS-trained physicians remain in the state to practice
of all practicing pharmacists in Arkansas graduated from UAMS
Corporations, Foundations, Organizations: 36%
4301 W. Markham
Little Rock, AR 72205
501.686.8200 | giving.uams.edu
Service Area: Arkansas and surrounding area
VICE CHANCELLOR FOR INSTITUTIONAL ADVANCEMENT: John Erck
UAMS BOARD OF ADVISORS
Beau Blair, Chair
Cindy Pugh, Executive Vice Chair
George Dunklin Jr.
M. Joycelyn Elders
Jo Ellen Ford
James Kelley III
Dewitt Smith III
Joe “Clay” Young IV