START WITH THE ARTS
In the past few months, we've seen a slew of announcements from local arts institutions about upcoming events and changes. Here are some of the highlights:
• Ballet Arkansas is teaming up with Little Rock Parks & Recreation to host free performances in parks around the city starting Sept. 25 at MacArthur Park.
The Weekend Theater also brought on Chris Klinger as artistic director.
• Opera in the Rock kicked off its return season in late August with the one-act contemporary opera "Scalia/Ginsburg" based on the unlikely friendship between the U.S. Supreme Court judges.
• Wildwood Park for the Arts announced its 2021-2022 season featuring the return of the popular Lanterns Festival and Music in the Wild series, as well as runs of "Sister Act" and "The Sound of Music."
The Central Arkansas Library System launched its new Rock It! Lab program headed up by Benito Lubazibwa of Remix Ideas. Located in the former Bookstore at Library Square in the River Market, the lab is a three-story, 14,000-square-foot space designed to help minority entrepreneurs grow and prosper in Little Rock.
Goodness Village also recently celebrated the opening of its 20th apartment unit with an open house event. Formerly known as Home Away From Home, the organization has provided affordable housing for patients and their families traveling to Little Rock for medical treatment for more than 25 years.
• Keith Collins and Arindam Majumdar joined the board of directors for the Alzheimer’s Association Arkansas Chapter.
►Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Arkansas named Raymond Omar Long as its new CEO.
• Ronald McDonald House Charities of Arkansas added Darryl Webb to its board.
► The Oxford American magazine has many new changes to its masthead, most notably Danielle A. Jackson as editor in chief.
▲ John Erck has been selected as the vice chancellor of institutional advancement at UAMS.
▲ CARTI recently expanded its executive leadership team, promoting Melissa Masingill to chief business development officer and appointing David Muns as COO.