TMS Arkansas is deeply concerned about the impact the pandemic has had on society with the expressed mental health burden on individuals.
In December 2020 during the pandemic, 42% of U.S. adults reported struggling with depression or anxiety. This is a dramatic increase in symptoms of depression or anxiety when compared with 11% from the January-June 2019 report released prior to the pandemic.
Per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the public health response to the COVID-19 pandemic should be to increase intervention and prevention efforts to address associated mental health conditions.
To address your mental health, please follow these recommendations to help prevent and/or manage your symptoms:
1) Maintain good sleep. It is crucial for mental health.
2) Maintain a routine or schedule. It helps decrease stress and provides normalcy to the day.
3) Maintain mindfulness. It helps control stress response.
4) Maintain social connections. It helps alleviate feeling lonely and decreases depression.
5) Connect with providers of mental health services. Many providers offer virtual contact to address the impact of depression.
NeuroStar Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) is offered by the TMS Arkansas clinic with supportive and invested staff to help patients on their treatment journey. NeuroStar TMS is a non-invasive, non-medication option that can address depression and is free from side effects often associated with antidepressant medications. Patients can explore a safe and effective option conducted in the TMS Arkansas office, freeing them from the impact depression has had on their life.
NeuroStar TMS Therapy is indicated for the treatment of Major Depressive Disorder in adult patients who have failed to receive satisfactory improvement from prior antidepressant medication in the current episode.
700 S. Schiller, Ste. 300