Thanksgiving is already going to be full of changes this year, so why not toss in a new recipe — particularly one that's better for your health?
This dish from Delta Dental is a fresh take on Brussels sprouts that is low on salt, yet offers a naturally sweet feast for the taste buds.
Balsamic Honey Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. honey
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Trim the outer leaves of the Brussels sprouts, cut off the bottoms and then cut the Brussels sprouts lengthwise.
3. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
4. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, shaking the pan halfway through.
5. Transfer Brussels sprouts to a large bowl and add the balsamic vinegar and honey. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and mix until evenly coated.
Pro tip: If the oven is taken on Thanksgiving, fry the Brussels sprouts in a cast iron pan for 8-10 minutes.