We like what we're seeing. The Esse Purse Museum in SoMa just launched its newest exhibit "I Can See Clearly Now," and it's all about the stylish eyeglasses of the ages.
Glasses, sunglasses, glasses cases, accessories, photos and even a few surprises await guests at this eye-opening look at 20th century eyewear. Expect all manner of shapes, colors and sizes, including the purely functional and the purely fun. Plus, Esse is hosting a pop-up shop full of funky and stylish sunglasses.
"I Can See Clearly Now" is on display through Sept. 13.
Of course, the museum has social distancing measures in place to keep visitors safe. Here's what to expect when you arrive:
- All employees and guests must wear a mask.
- Guests are asked to use the provided sanitizer or thoroughly wash their hands before touching any merchandise.
- Guests are asked to practice social distancing and remain six feet away from other guests and employees at all times.
- In order to make social distancing easier, guests are asked to travel "one-way" through the museum.
- Only 10 people are allowed in the museum or store at any given time.
- Private appointments are available and must be scheduled in advance.