The American Heart Association strives to create a world of longer, healthier lives. Health isn’t just about your behavior, it’s also about place. Where you live, work, learn, pray and play makes a difference. Studies have shown residents in rural areas live an average of five years less than those in more urban areas. The AHA believes a person’s life expectancy shouldn’t be determined by their ZIP code. It’s working to improve the quality of health care and increase awareness about warning signs of heart disease and stroke. The goal of the American Heart Association is big, but simple: to make the healthy choice the easy choice.
FUNDRAISERS AND EVENTS
• Festival of Wines - Oct. 3, 2019; Chairs: Karen and Terry Masching; Presenting Sponsor: Arkansas Heart Hospital
• Hot Springs Heart Ball - Feb. 15, 2020; Chairs: Stephanie and Dr. James Jordan Tucker; Presenting Sponsor: National Park Medical Center
• Go Red for Women - March 17, 2020; Chair: Katie Lea; Presenting Sponsor: Saline Memorial Hospital
• Heart Ball - April 4, 2020; Chairs: Penny and John Burkhalter; Signature Sponsor: US Bank
• Heart Walk - April 25, 2020; Chair: William Clark; Presenting Sponsor: CHI St. Vincent
Through the support of passionate individuals and corporate partners, donors are making a significant difference in the lives of people with heart disease and stroke. Help make a lasting health impact across Arkansas, in central Arkansas and the delta as well.
• Ask your company to sponsor an event or have a workplace giving program.
• Volunteer or join a committee.
• Form a wellness program with a Heart Walk team, corporate field day or fitness challenge.
13 (3,400 nationally)
Justin T. Allen
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
|Justin T. Allen, Chair|
|Morris E. Kelley, President|
|Scot Davis, Chair Elect|
|Thomas Conley, President Elect|
|Joyce Taylor, Executive Director|
|Blair Allen||Gary Nash|
|Mangaraju "Raj" Chakka||Cam Patterson|
|Anthony M. Fletcher||Michael Poore|
|John Glassford||John P. Ryan|
|Cara Jones||Diana Smithson|
|Jamie Jones||LaShannon Spencer|
|Lyndell Lay||Cassandra Steele|
|Stephen A. Leek||Chris W. White|
|Marcia Atkinson||David Jones|
|Claudia Barone||Adam Mitchell|
|Brian Eble||Keith Owen|
|Sharon Heflin||Steve Roberson|
|Ricardo F. Sotomora|
909 W. Second St.
Little Rock, AR 72201