The mission of UA Little Rock Public Radio — KUAR 89.1 and KLRE Classical 90.5 — is to deepen insight into the human experience, empower decision-making and enrich the lives of those served through quality news and cultural programs.
KUAR 89.1 is central Arkansas’ NPR member station, providing local news coverage, as well as popular national and local programs such as “Morning Edition” hosted by Sarah Kellogg, “All Things Considered,” “1A,” “This American Life,” “Arts & Letters” and “Not Necessarily Nashville.” KLRE Classical 90.5 offers 24/7 classical music programming with virtuoso performances and seldom-heard recordings. Both stations are indispensable parts of central Arkansas’ cultural landscape.
FUNDRAISERS AND EVENTS
UA Little Rock Public Radio is listener-supported radio. Most funding comes from listeners, businesses and organizations. UA Little Rock Public Radio hosts on-air fund drives and special events
• The Fall Fund Drive, Oct. 5-11, includes community and staff voices and is all about public radio and its listeners.
• The signature event Block, Beer & Burgundy on Jan. 11, 2020, features beer, bourbon and wine tastings plus music from The Rodney Block Collective.
• Become a contributing listener to help ensure continued public radio service for central Arkansas.
• Establish a sustaining membership through automatic monthly payments.
• Join the Signal Society with an annual gift of $1,200 or monthly gift of $100.
• Help ensure the future of public radio in Arkansas through a planned gift.
• Donate appreciated securities or IRA rollover gifts.
INTERIM GENERAL MANAGER
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Liz Gron, President
Ann Owen, Vice President
Cory Biggs, Secretary
|Rodney Block||Bobbye Levy|
|Lori Burrows||Amanda Moore|
|Miam Carlisle||Stacy Pendergraft|
|Meredith Causey||Danny Powell|
|George Ernst||Richard Schreiber|
|Jeannie Fetting||Lacy Selig|
|Tom Fritsche||Anna Swaim|
|Ben Grimes||Quinten Whiteside|
5820 Asher Ave., Ste. 400
Little Rock, AR 72204