Put down the candy bar. There are much better ways to face your cravings.
We suggest boosting your energy with a light, bright smoothie, courtesy of P. Allen Smith. Plus, if you're looking to inject some major vitamins, minerals and fiber into your diet, this cheery beverage should do the trick.
- 3 blood oranges, peeled and sliced
- 3 navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 beets, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 1-in. piece of ginger
- 1 tsp. flax seed
- 1 tsp. hemp seed
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup cranberry-pomegranate juice
In a juicer, juice the oranges, carrots, beets, ginger and raspberries.
Pour the juice into ice cube trays and freeze overnight.
Pro tip: The recipe makes more than you need, so store the rest in a freezer safe ziploc bag for smoothies any time you want.)
When you're ready to make the smoothie, add a handful of the juice cubes to a blender, then add the rest of the ingredients and blend.