HIPPY partners with parents to prepare their children for success in school.
Nationally, HIPPY USA seeks individuals to serve on its Board of Trustees. Opportunities to volunteer with Arkansas HIPPY programs include serving on local advisory boards, assisting and supporting special HIPPY events (field trips, fun days) and local fundraising.
- $150 would supply a child with 30 weeks of HIPPY curriculum & supplies.
- $2,500 would provide a Home Visitor with a professional development scholarship.
- $200,000 would help expand HIPPY in the Arkansas Delta Region.
- $200,000 would help expand HIPPY in the West Central Arkansas Region.
- $150,000 would help expand HIPPY in the South Central Arkansas Region.
Programs serving 16,000 children and their families in 22 states plus the District of Columbia
Home visits occurred on average each week
Families committed to increasing literacy and parent/child interaction in the home through the HIPPY program
Million more minutes of interaction between parents and children
Hours of professional development for HIPPY staff
Program sites within 23 implementing agencies serving more than 5,000 Arkansas children across 60 counties annually
Established: United States
Staci Croom-Raley, JD, MS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Laura Peracchio, Ph.D.
Verelyn Gibbs Watson
Member at Large
Mark Gross, Ph.D.
Mary Beth Salomone Testa
Miriam Westheimer, Ed.D.
1221 Bishop Street
P.O. Box 1034
Little Rock, AR 72203