Merry Kline is the owner and operator of beauty emporium Belle & Blush.

6 a.m. I wake up and start to get things going for the day. I have two boys, ages 10 and 7, so I start out by making them breakfast, packing their lunches and getting them ready for school. Normally, I also drive them to school, but today my work day starts early because we’re doing a styled photoshoot, so my husband Michael is driving them to school.

7 a.m. Once the kids are all set, I sit down to get myself ready. Depending on how much time I have, I might spend an hour getting ready so I can try different makeup looks or mix new products together, but today I barely have 30 mins, so I’m barely wearing makeup, and my hair is in a ponytail.

7:45 a.m. Each day really varies, but some of my favorites are when we have photoshoots. Today we’re doing a sugarplum fairy-inspired shoot for our holiday ad campaign, so I get to the store early to start the makeup look on our gorgeous model. Devin from Salon Scarlet is also meeting me there to do the hair.

9:30 a.m. Hair and makeup are done, so I head across town to our location, the Dreamland Ballroom, to start getting everything set up with our team for the day: stylist Jessica Humerick, photographer Whitney Bower and her assistant Amanda Cassidy, model Samantha Richards and Belle & Blush e-commerce/marketing coordinator Mallory Nickels.

10:30 a.m. We shoot several looks ranging from whimsical and ethereal with a flowing gown and fairylike ballet skirt to classic Christmas morning surrounded by presents. Whitney gives us a few sneak peeks, and they look gorgeous! Once they’re edited and ready to go, we’ll use them for print ads, email blasts, social media and our website.

1 p.m. That’s a wrap on our feminine, fairytale photoshoot. Whitney, her assistant and I stay downtown for lunch at Samantha’s. We were really bad and ordered key lime pie for dessert!

2:30 p.m. I head back to the store where I deal with any issues that may have come up. We’re in the process of switching POS systems, so for now, I often find myself working out little bugs like getting receipts to print out the correct size.

3:30 p.m. The rest of the afternoon is spent taking Instagram photos and lining up posts for social media before moving on to reviewing our layout plans and product orders for our booth at this year’s Junior League Holiday House. This is our first year to do the Holiday House, so we’ve spent a lot of time planning.

5 p.m. I pick my kids up from aftercare at their school. We grab a quick snack and start working on their homework; this is not our favorite time of the day. But we’ve added a picnic bench outside for homework, and they love to do homework outside if the weather is nice. Meanwhile, I drink wine.

6 p.m. Michael and I really enjoy cooking, so we eat at home as much as possible. Luckily, my kids are pretty adventurous eaters, so I get to try out new recipes a lot. Tonight we’re having baked Moroccan chicken and rice.

8 p.m. The boys go to bed at 8:30, so it’s time to start the bedtime routine of showers, teeth brushing and reading. They’re old enough now to do most of this without our help, so we start cleaning the kitchen until it’s time to read and tuck them in.

9 p.m. I post on the store’s social media accounts and check in with the girls at the store to see how the day ended up and then sit down with a glass of wine and Netflix. We don’t have cable anymore, so all we watch are Netflix shows. Right now, Michael and I are watching Luke Cage. That’s pretty much it for this day, but tomorrow will consist of a completely different schedule.

Plan B: I majored in international business, but after my freshman year, I thought it was so boring and started questioning my choice of major. So, one of my “plan B’s” was to become a veterinarian. I was serious at the time and got a job at a veterinarian clinic in Dallas. This sounded so wonderful because I love animals, but most of my day there consisted of cleaning up after animals that were sick. I also kept taking abandoned animals to my mom because I was in college and couldn’t have a pet in my dorm. I quickly realized that taking care of animals wasn’t the right career choice for me.