Tie on your thinking caps, Little Rock. Central Arkansas’ own TED event, TEDxMarkhamSt, is back for year two and just released its lineup of speakers.
Fans of TED events know them for their dedication to "ideas worth spreading,” and this independently organized event is just that. Audience members will hear from 14 local personas who are changing the game in their respective fields — everything from homeland security to classical music — all built around the theme "New Beginnings.”
Not only can attendees enjoy the presentation sessions, but networking opportunities as well. Those unable to attend can watch via livestream or satellite locations around Little Rock.
TEDxMarkhamSt 2016 is slated for Friday, Sept. 30, at the Ron Robinson Theater from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. The lineup of speakers is as follows:
- Dr. Yang Luo-Branch - Senior GIS Analyst at Arkansas Economic Development Commission/ Owner and Architectural Illustrator at Y Illustrations
- Dr. Julien Mirivel - Associate Professor of Speech Communication and Interim Associate Dean at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- Holly Fish - Director of Human Resources & Branding for EGP, PLLC Certified Public Accountants & Consultants
- Christina Littlejohn - Executive Director of the Arkansas Symphony Orchestra
- Ana Kilani - Founder and CEO of Greenhaus x Sustainable
- Dr. T. Glenn Pait - Director of the T. Glenn Pait Spine Clinic at the University of Arkansas Medical Sciences Jackson T. Stephens Spine Institute
- Dr. Carolina Cruz-Neira - Director of the Emerging Analytics Center at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- Nicole Hart - CEO of ARVets
- Dr. Michael Moore - Vice President for Academic Affairs for the University of Arkansas System and Chief Academic Officer/COO of eVersity
- Deni Ellis Béchard - author, photographer and activist
- Tim Whitley - President and CEO of Team SI
- Douglas Hutchings - Founder and CEO of Silicon Solar Solutions (SSS) and Picasolar Inc.
- Rupa Dash (UALR student speaker) - Co-Founder and CEO of World Woman Foundation
- Michael Watson (Clinton School student speaker) - Founder of The Watson Foundation and the Watson Institute