‘Phantom of the Opera’ is Coming to Little Rock

Come March 2017, the newly renovated Robinson Center will host one of the most famous Broadway productions of all time: “Phantom of the Opera” is coming to Little Rock.

At an event on Monday, Ed Payton, CEO of Celebrity Attractions, announced the show, which will run March 8-19, 2017.

Previously, the Robinson did not have the capacity to show such an enormous production. But, with added backstage space, storage, and new capabilities, the theater will host the 52-member cast to put on what Payton called a “spectacular” show.

“The Robinson is going to become a world-class theater,” Payton said. “Phantom of the Opera is the very best and biggest blockbuster of all time.”

The 28-month construction on the theater is set to be complete in November 2016. We recieved a look at the progress made so far on Monday morning. 

The renovated theater’s is stage dropped 36 feet, seats will be closer to stage level and the hall will be narrower. More: Read the full story on the renovations in our sister publication, Arkansas Business. 

“The previous facility did not have the capacity for this,” said Gretchen Hall, president and CEO of the Little Rock Convention & Visitors Bureau. “We are so excited for (Phantom of the Opera) to come here for the first time in Little Rock history.”

The renovation project is on schedule and on budget, and Gretchen said she can see changes each week in the theater.

Related Articles