The mission of the Boy Scouts of America is to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Scout Law.
On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; to help other people at all times; to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.
A Scout is Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent.
FUNDRAISERS AND EVENTS
- Annual Sporting Clays Classic, First Friday in October. (See brochure here.)
- Trail's End Popcorn Sale, Sept. 14 - Oct. 20, 2017.
- Friends of Scouting Annual Fund Campaign. November 2017 - April 2018. Contact: Blake Cole, 501.664.4780, ext. 277 or at Blake.Cole@Scouting.org to learn more.
- Boy Scout Resident Camp, June 10-July 14, Camp Rockefeller, Gus Blass Scout Reservation - Damascus, Arkansas.
- Join Scouting Night is held annually in August but youth may join at any time.
- The Annual Friends of Scouting Campaign raises over $750,000 for local Scouting. $325 sponsors a Scout for a year.
- Trail's End Popcorn Sale provides Scouts a way to earn their own way through door to door sales by Scouts.
- Legacy gifts (estate/planned giving) are a great way to support Scouting for generations to come.
- Naming opportunities through the funding of capital projects are available. Projects available in Little Rock and Camp Rockefeller in Damascus.
Service Area: Youth Development & Leadership
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Scout Executive / CEO
Vice President - Administration
Vice President - Finance
Vice-President - Marketing
Vice-President - Membership
Vice-President - Operations
Vice-President - Program
Vice-President - Technology
Activities - Gail Boeckman
Advancement - Clay Arnold
Camp Promotion - Chris Phillips
Investments - Jim Fowler
Risk Management - Bob Lorimer
Training - Gary Henningsen
Order of the Arrow - Matt Hubbard
Crowley's Ridge - Brad Smithee
Foothills - Michael Fowler
Pinnacle - Steve Jenkins / Brad Hughes
Ouachita - Bill Ross
Three Rivers - Marty Metzger
White River - Phil Hacker
3220 Cantrell Road
Little Rock, AR 72202