As the state’s foremost professional ballet company, Ballet Arkansas strives to provide world-class dance performance to Arkansans through a company of elite dance athletes and professional artists.
From new works to the holiday classic, The Nutcracker, we present diverse performance experiences for broad audience appeal. Acting as a pillar of Arkansas’ arts community, we will create programs of the highest caliber that inspire and educate students across the state, inform the public about the importance of dance to a vibrant community, and serve as an ambassador for the state of Arkansas in the dance community throughout the nation and the world.
Ticket sales cover only a portion of expenses. One pair of pointe shoes can cost over $100 and lasts about one week. We need practice tutus at $500 each. Tutus for a stage performance start at $2,500 per costume. We need technology/equipment at the Main St. studio: keyless entry/security system, wi-fi, wireless sound system for music and video. A new ballet can cost $10,000. A new, full production (sets and costumes) of The Nutcracker is $250,000.
Ballet Arkansas accepts monetary and in-kind donations and appreciates all of our volunteers! To get involved visit BalletArkansas.org/Donate.
Fundraisers and Events
• ACANSA Opening Night, Sept. 21, 6 p.m., Junior League of Little Rock Headquarters (Tickets)
• Ballet Arkansas Encore! Oct. 30, 3 p.m., Anthony Chapel, Garvan Gardens in Hot Springs (Tickets)
• The Nutcracker Tea, Dec. 4, Capital Hotel in Little Rock (Tickets)
• The Nutcracker, Dec. 9-11 (Tickets through ASO Box office: (501) 666-1761)
• Turning Pointe Gala, February 2017 (Call for tickets/sponsorship information)
• Spring Performance at the Arkansas Rep, April 21-23, 2017 (Tickets available November 2016)
Service area: Arkansas
520 Main St.
Little Rock, AR 72203
Board of Directors:
Charles Moulton, President
Viviane Ajarrista, Vice President
Wendy See, Secretary
Mandi John, Treasurer
Dr. Ahmad Brown, Past President
Dr. Julie Harris
Molly McGowan McNulty