Hope you didn't skip breakfast because this is about to make you hungry.
Blue Plate Special is coming to the Capital Hotel in downtown Little Rock to showcase some of the metro’s most talented chefs and mixologists, all in the name of deliciousness. Even better is the fact that Blue Plate Special serves as a fundraiser for the Thea Foundation scholarship program for students interested in the arts.
The event, which was formerly known as the Governor’s Culinary Challenge, is set for Monday, Oct. 16, at 6 p.m., where guests will get a taste of the best dishes and drinks, as well as the musical stylings of Dr. Danny Fletcher and Company.
And now for the big question: Who’s in the lineup this year?
- Matthew Bell - South on Main
- Jeff Owen - Ciao Baci
- Payne Harding - Cache
- Gilbert Alaquinez - Forty-Two
- Marc Guizol - Capital Bar & Grill
- Brian Kearns - Simply the Best Catering
- Stephen Burrow - Skye’s Bistro at Stratton’s Market
- Amanda Ivy - Old Mill Bread
- Mark Abernathy - Red Door
- Kelli Marks - Sweet Love
- Ben Franks - Petit and Keet
- Luiggi Uzcategui - Big Orange Midtown
Helping the experts will be various special guests including B98.5's Lisa Fischer, glass artist James Hayes, musician Rodney Block, KATV anchor Chris Kane and more.
Proceeds from the event go to the nonprofit's continued work to promote art programs for kids across the state. As icing on the cake, the Charles A. Frueauff Foundation is also offering to match the first $25,000 raised by the event.
To get your tickets to the 2017 Blue Plate Special, click here.